The Great Lakes Energy Institute fosters collaborations between our faculty and industry partners to research innovative solutions to real-world energy problems. Great Lakes Energy Institute works closely with companies in Northeast Ohio and across the nation to garner funding, complete research, provide educational experiences for students, and commercialize technologies. These partnerships are key to GLEI's success in attracting support from DOE, ARPA-E, NSF and the Ohio Department of Development.
The GLEI Affiliates Program establishes close cooperation and information transfer between groups interested in supporting energy research. This exclusive program fosters active collaboration between the private sector, prominent faculty, premier students and global leaders in energy.
Case Western Reserve University integrates electrochemical engineering expertise with advanced materials research to advance innovations in energy storage. Building upon 80 years as a top electrochemical university, we are researching batteries, capacitors, electrochemical devices, electrodeposition, fuel cells, materials and sensors—all in pursuit of cost-efficient, high-capacity solutions to energy storage.
- $67,000,000+ in industry awards over the last five fiscal years
- $400,000,000+ in research at CWRU each year
- 200+ licensing opportunities available
- 100+ core facilities and service centers
- 100+ patents filed and an average of 40 issued US patents each year
- Recognized in 2013 in Crain's Cleveland Business Patent Power Rankings for the Most Company Patents in Northeast Ohio
Our sources of funding include:
- Industry-University Collaborative Research Centers (IUCRC)
- NSF Grant Opportunities for Academic Liaison with Industry (GOALI)
- Dept of Energy ARPA-E or EERE proposals requiring an industry partner
- SBIR/STTR (Small Business Innovation Research)
- Ohio Federal Research Network Opportunities
To learn how your company can work with GLEI or setup a meeting with a faculty member, contact Kim Fleddermann, our Business Development & Commercialization Manager, at: 216-368-0889 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.