Note: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, all spring semester seminars after spring break have been canceled. Please check back later for information about our Fall 2020 seminars.
Spring Semester 2020
Seminars take place in White Hall, Room 411, from 4-5:15 p.m. Attendees are welcome to join at 3:45 p.m. in White Hall, Room 306, for light refreshments immediately prior to the seminar.
- January 21: Dr. Gernot Oreski, University of Austria—Smart Material Testing of Polymers: Methods Development and Establishment of Structure Property Correlations
- January 28: Dr. Timothy Smith, NASA—Producing Next Generation Superalloys Through Advanced Characterization and Manufacturing Techniques
- February 4: Dr. Rajeev Kumar Gupta, University of Akron—High Strength and Corrosion Resistant Alloys via Mechanical Alloying
- February 11: Dr. Ganpati Ramanath, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute—Molecularly-Tailored Inorganic Nanomaterials and Interfaces With Novel Properties
- February 18: Dr. Perena Gouma, The Ohio State University—Ceramic Nanotechnology for Sensors and Photocatalysts
- February 25: TBD
- March 3: Dr. Canan Dagdeviren, MIT Media Lab—Talking to the Body via Conformable Decoders
Contact Professor Bud Baeslack with questions.
Van Horn Lecture Archives
2015 - Harry Bhadeshia, University of Cambridge
2016 - Wayne Kaplan, Technion, Haifa, Israel Institute of Technology
2017 - Chris Schuh, MIT
2018 - Harry Atwater, Caltech
2019 - Gerbrand Ceder, UC Berkeley