Engineering Through the Ages
Feb. 17-25, 2023
Over the course of the week-long event, students have the opportunity to bond through friendly competitions and social events such as a light bulb drop, a Lego bridge building contest and a trivia night.
Schedule of events* (additional details coming soon)
- WISER Lightbulb Drop
Feb. 17 | 12:45-2 p.m. | Kelvin Smith Library Staircase
Showcase your engineering skills in a friendly competition with the opportunity to earn prizes!
- Case Engineers Council Lego Bridge Building Challenge - Session 1 | Session 2
Feb. 18 | 2-3:30 p.m. + 3:30-5 p.m. | think[box] Second Floor
Compete with your friends to build the best Lego Bridge! Win fun prizes!
- Medical Technology Group x SWE RePlay for Kids
Feb. 19 | 1-3 p.m. | think[box] Second Floor
Join MTG and RePlay for Kids repair and adapt toys and assistive devices for children with disabilities.
- Peer Advisors Medieval Battle for Case
Feb. 20 | 5-8 p.m. | Thwing Ballroom
The CSE Peer Advisors present the Medieval Battle for Case. Compete in groups of 4-5 to design and construct mini medieval munitions. Your contraptions will be tested on precision, power, and more.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers Ship Challenge
Feb. 21 | 2-5:30 p.m. | Thwing Atrium
Come and build your small boat and compete on different challenges, top boats that perform the best will earn prices! Have food and enjoy watching other members compete.
- Case Engineers Council Jolly Scholar Trivia Night
Feb. 21 | 7-9 p.m. | Jolly Scholar
Come test your engineering knowledge and have fun at Jolly Scholar Trivia Night!
- Division of Engineering Leadership & Professional Practice Engineering Networking
Feb. 22 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Tink Ballroom A
Provide opportunity for students to meet with engineering professionals so they can learn more about their fields of interest and expand their networks.
- The Engineering Game: Student, faculty and alumni showdown.
Feb. 23 | 7-8 p.m. | Virtual
Alumni, faculty and student teams will compete in a TV game show-style showdown. Questions will challenge their knowledge of engineering and Case history. Time is tight. Pressure and laughs run high.
- Society of Women Engineers Networking Game Day
Feb. 24 | 12:45-2 p.m. | Tink Senior Classroom
Join SWE and alumni for free lunch and games! Games will be focused on alumni's career paths and advice.
- Case Engineers Council Scavenger Hunt
Feb. 24 | 10 a.m.-10 p.m. | Case Quad
Explore the Quad and learn more about Case Western Reserve's history, while winning prizes!
- National Society of Black Engineers Squid Games
Feb. 25 | 4-6 p.m. | Thwing 201
Reenactment of the popular Netflix Squid Games! Come join and play individual and team based games to win a grand prize!
- Leonard Gelfand STEM Center BIPOC Showcase through the years
All Week | Digital
Showcase BIPOC engineers. We'll start with significant historic figures through the years ending with current alumni, faculty, students.
*All times are EST
E-Week 2023 Planning Team
- DELPP: Debbie Fatica, Genine Apidone, Susan Mittelstaedt, Olivia Minner
- Corporate Relations: Anne Borchert, Virnette House-Browning
- Case Alumni Association: Kelly Hendricks
- CEC: Michael Brough, Ryan Shipp, Colin Lestina
- CSE Peer Advisors: Eileen Petros, Abby Slates, Tyler McFarren
- Leonard Gelfand STEM Center: Ebony Hood
- SWE: Anna Currin, Veronica Sorg
- SHPE: Rober Carrillo
- NSBE: Raodatullah Abodunrin, Melaiye Abdurraham
- WISER: Summer Sun
DiscoverE, the national organizer of E-Week, is a formal coalition of more than 100 professional societies, major corporations and government agencies, dedicated to ensuring a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of and interest in engineering and technology careers among young students and by promoting pre-college literacy in math and science.