Building the Future Together
Feb. 18-26, 2022
Over the course of the week-long event, students have the opportunity to bond through friendly competitions and social events such as a light bulb drop, a Lego bridge building contest and a trivia night.
Schedule of events*
- Women In Science Engineering Roundtable Lightbulb Drop
Feb. 18 | 12:45 - 2 p.m. | KSL
Showcase your engineering skills in a friendly competition with the opportunity to earn prizes provided by the Case Alumni Association! Come take a break from classes and enjoy some Jolly Scholar snacks.
- National Society of Black Engineers Extreme Pictionary
Feb. 18 | 6 - 8 p.m. | Thwing 101
Join NSBE as we put a fun and STEM-Y twist on Pictionary. Come for the games, stay for the vibes! We'll have prizes for the winners and plenty of networking, so come out and make some new friends.
- Case Engineers Council Lego Building Competition
Feb. 19 | 2 - 4 p.m. | Sears think[box]
Test your team's engineering aptitude by building the strongest LEGO bridge! Prizes will be awarded.
- Engineering Graduate Government Scavenger Hunt
Feb. 21 | 6 - 8 p.m. | Engineering Quad
Challenge your knowledge of CWRU history and landmarks in a timed scavenger hunt! Contestants will have 45 minutes to find landmarks signifying events related to the engineering, scientific, medical, artistic and cultural history of the area. The top three places will be awarded gift card prizes!
- Division of Engineering Leadership & Professional Practice Virtual Networking Event
Feb. 22 | 6 - 7:30 p.m. | Zoom
Learn how to network by getting the chance to talk with representatives of successful companies from all over the world! This experience is for undergraduates and grad students alike who wish to expand their networking skills and gain incredible insight into the world of engineering.
- Case Engineers Council Jolly Scholar Trivia Night
Feb. 22 | 7 - 9 p.m. | Jolly Scholar
Unwind with your friends at the Jolly Scholar while testing your engineering trivia knowledge! Come enjoy free food and beverages courtesy of the CEC! First come, first served.
- Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, "SHPE Ship Challenge"
Feb. 23 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. | Thwing Atrium
Do you think you have what it takes to be the best ship builder at Case Western Reserve? Well, come prove your skills at SHPE's Ship Challenge! You will have the opportunity to build a small ship using various materials, as well as the chance to win some prizes if your ship comes out on top! Food from the Jolly Scholar will be provided.
- The CSE Peer Advisor's Last Engineer Standing
Feb. 23 | 5 - 8 p.m. | Thwing 2nd floor
Teams of three or four will undergo a series of engineering challenges that encompass a range of engineering disciplines. The race itself will be survival themed and loosely based on the game shows of The Amazing Race and Survivor. After each challenge, groups will receive a prompt for the next challenge. Prizes will be awarded to the top teams!
- The Engineering Game: Student, faculty and alumni showdown. Gutti Memorial Teaching Award Presentation
Feb. 24 | 7 p.m. | Watch in-person in the Tinkham Veale ballroom, pick up food before watching virtually or livestream at home
Student, Alumni, Faculty Showdown and Gutti Memorial Teaching Award Presentation. Tune in…you never know who might make a guest appearance!
- Society of Women Engineers Alumni Speaker Spotlight: Kirsten Bowen (CWR '96)
Feb. 25 | 12:45 - 2 p.m. | Attend in-person at Tinkham Veale Ballroom C or via Zoom
Join the CWRU chapter of Society of Women Engineers as we welcome civil engineering alumni Kirsten Bowen (CWR '96) to talk about her experiences and give advice to the next generation of leaders in this field. Learn more about Bowen, who is a vice president at Michael Baker International.
- Case Engineers Council Virtual Escape Room
Feb. 25 | 4 - 6 p.m. | Virtual
You are doing work in the lab when suddenly, something goes wrong...can you solve the puzzles in time to escape? Test your logic skills and be the first one to survive! The Escape Room will start every half hour with the winner from each time frame receiving an Amazon gift card! To register, text @escape2022 to 81010.
*All times are EST
E-Week 2022 Planning Team
- DELPP: Debbie Fatica, Genine Apidone, Susan Mittelstaedt, Olivia Minner, Queen Hassan
- Corporate Relations: Anne Borchert, Virnette House-Browning
- Case Alumni Association: Kelly Hendricks
- CEC: Nate Perez, Michael Brough
- CSE Peer Advisors: Joel Linebach, Sonia Velu
- SWE: Jillian Russo, Anna Currin
- SHPE: Christian Reyna, Alyssia Broncano
- NSBE: Khadija Abdullahi
- WISER: Ashley Sah
- Engineering Graduate Group (EGG): Nathan McMullen
- Tau Beta Pi: Rachel Beller
DiscoverE, the national organizer of E-Week, is a formal coalition of more than 100 professional societies, major corporations and government agencies, dedicated to ensuring a diverse and well-educated future engineering workforce by increasing understanding of and interest in engineering and technology careers among young students and by promoting pre-college literacy in math and science.