Our Research and Awards
The research at OBL has almost entirely been funded by peer-reviewed federal funding programs and non-profit organizations. Our sponsors include the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF), U.S. Army and other entities. The excellence of our research has been recognized by various awards to Dr.Akkus and other lab members, including National Science Foundation's prestigious CAREER award, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundations J.R. Neff Award, European Society of Biomechanics Best Poster Award, Baxter Young Investigator Award (Michael Reich) and AO Foundation Young Investigator Start up Award (Vipuil Kishore).
- Center for Applied Raman Spectroscopy
- Case Biomanufacturing and Microfabrication Lab
- Biologically Inspired Robotics Lab
- The Swagelok Center for Surface Analysis of Materials (SCSAM)
- Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering