Cover 2

Declare Major in Civil Engineering

Major Declaration

We welcome all students who choose a major in
Civil Engineering!

To declare a major, students can pick up and fill out the major declaration form from the Office of Undergraduate Studies, Sears Building, Room 340 or pint a PDF flie here.

Students can set up a time with Dr. Xiong (Bill) Yu, P.E., Interim Chair and bring the form to Bingham Building, Room 237 to receive a signature and get an advisor assigned based on their areas of interest within Civil Engineering (i.e., Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, Engineering Mechanics, pre-architecture). 

Please note, the declaration is not official until one of the signed copies is submitted to the Office of Undergraduates Studies, Sears Building, room 340.

If you have any questions about declaring a major in Civil Engineering, please email Dr. Xiong (Bill) Yu, Interim Chair at or Chair Assistant Nancy Longo

To read more about major declaration process, please visit Office of Undergraduate Studies website.