Get trained and certified to use these Lathes!
How to Start
- Bring your material and drawings of your project to think[box] and speak with a staff member. They will help you get set up with the equipment, provide instruction, and supervise. Training is not required.
- If you would like to get trained and certified to use this equipment without supervision read the "How to Get Trained and Certified" section below.
- Please be aware that there are times that the Lathes will not be available due to classes. Please call (216)368-4976 to check on availability.
How to Get Trained and Certified
- Start by getting trained on the Drill Press. The Drill Press training covers fundamentals of machining that you should know before receiving Lathe training.
- Read the tutorial to familiarize yourself with Lathe terminology and fundamentals. Learn to Use a Lathe >>
- After you’ve read the tutorial, demonstrate your preparation by passing the Lathe Quiz. After you’ve scored 100% on the quiz you will be given a link to schedule your 90-minute in-person training and certification. Take the Lathe Quiz >>
- Once you complete our training and certification you are free to use our lathes. Our team will always be available to help you work safely and effectively.
Lathes can be used for metal and plastics.