Getting Started

It's Never Too Early to Start Planning for Your Future

Whether you’re in high school, starting your freshman year in college, or a current Undergraduate Dual Degree student, the Division of Engineering Leadership and Professional Practice (DELPP) in the Case School of Engineering helps you manage this rewarding and accelerated program through personalized assistance including:

  • Visiting the campus – Interested students are encouraged to contact the DELPP office about arranging a campus visit. You’ll learn about the engineering community at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), and meet with the faculty coordinator of the major you’re interested in to ask questions about the program and gain early career advice. We’ll also put you in touch with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to schedule a full campus tour.
  • Applying – Eligible students must apply online through the CWRU Office of Admissions during their third year at their liberal arts school. The DELPP can help guide you and your school counselor throughout this process.
  • Mapping out your three-year curriculum – The DELPP has a designated faculty liaison at each of the participating schools to help you customize your learning experience and ensure you have a seamless transition to CWRU.
  • Obtaining scholarships and financial aid – Accepted domestic students are eligible to receive $2,500 in scholarships per semester awarded by the Case Alumni Association and are encouraged to apply within their first three weeks on campus at CWRU. Students are also eligible for need-based aid awarded as grants, loans, and Federal Work-Study.


  • Maintain a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and a minimum 3.0 GPA in math and science at your liberal arts college/university.
  • Complete 90 semester hours, or 135 quarter hours, at your liberal arts college/university.
  • Fulfill courses required by the academic guidelines.

Academic Guidelines

Prior to enrollment at the Case School of Engineering, you must complete the following course equivalents at your liberal arts college/university. Please see your school’s faculty liaison for guidance.