Get trained and certified to use these Saws!
How to Start
- Bring your material and drawings of your project to think[box] and speak with a staff member. They will help you get set up with the equipment, provide instruction, and supervise. Training is not required.
- If you would like to get trained and certified to use this equipment without supervision read the "How to Get Trained and Certified" section below.
How to Get Trained and Certified
- Start by reading the tutorial to familiarize yourself with Saw terminology and fundamentals. Learn to Use a Saw >>
- After you’ve read the tutorial, demonstrate your preparation by passing the Saw Quiz. After you’ve scored 100% on the quiz you will be given a link to schedule your 90 minute in-person training and certification. Take the Saw Quiz >>
- Once you complete our training and certification you are free to use our Saws. Our team will always be available to help you work safely and effectively.
We have different Saws that can be used for metal, wood, and plastics. Review the Technical Information below for specifics.
Hyd-Mech S20 Horizontal Bandsaw Technical Information
- Materials: Metal, plastic, certain composites
- Maximum Material Width: 18 inches (45.7 centimeters)
- Maximum Material Height: 13 inches (33 centimeters)
- Blade Thickness: 1 inch (2.54 centimeters)
- Built in coolant system
SCM Minimax S400P Vertical Bandsaw Technical Information
- Materials: Plastic, wood, certain composites
- Throat: 15 inches (38.1 centimeters)
- Bevel Angle: ± 20° (π/9 radians)
- Blade Thickness: 0.25 inch (0.64 centimeters)
- Foot operated brake
Jet EVBS-26 Vertical Bandsaw Technical Information
- Materials: Metal, plastic, wood, certain composites
- Throat: 26 inches (66 centimeters)
- Bevel Angle: 10° CCW to 45° CW
- Blade Thickness: 0.5 inch (1.3 centimeters)
- Bandsaw blade welder
Safety Speed 6400 Panel Saw Technical Information
- Materials: Wood, plastic
- Maximum Vertical Cut: 64 inches (162.5 centimeters)
- Maximum Horizontal Cut: Unlimited
- Maximum Material Thickness: 1.75 inches (4.5 centimeters)
- Cut Accuracy: 1/64 inch (0.4 millimeters)
- Saw Blade Diameter: 8 inches (20 centimeters)
- Frame Length: 120 inches (3 meters)