Get trained and certified to use these Grinders, Sanders and Blasters!
How to Start
- Bring your material and drawings of your project to think[box] and speak with a staff member. They will help you get set up with the equipment, provide instruction, and supervise. Training is not required.
- If you would like to get trained and certified to use this equipment without supervision read the "How to Get Trained and Certified" section below.
How to Get Trained and Certified
- Start by reading the tutorial to familiarize yourself with Grinder, Sander, and Blaster terminology and fundamentals. Learn to Use a Grinder, Sander, and Blaster >>
- After you’ve read the tutorial, demonstrate your preparation by passing the Grinder, Sander, and Blaster Quiz. After you’ve scored 100% on the quiz you will be given a link to schedule your 90 minute in-person training and certification. Take the Grinder, Sander, and Blaster Quiz >>
- Once you complete our training and certification you are free to use our Grinders, Sanders, and Blasters. Our team will always be available to help you work safely and effectively.
We have different Grinders, Sanders, and Sandblasters that can be used for metal, wood, and plastics. Review the Technical Information below for specifics.
Kalamazoo Industries S612V Combination Sander Technical Information
- Materials: Metal, wood
Sanding Belt Width: 6 inches (15.2 centimeters)
- Sanding Disc Diameter: 12 inches (30.5 centimeters)
- Built-in dust collector
Econoline RA-36-1 Abrasive Blast Cabinet Technical Information
- Materials: Metal, plastic, and wood
- Painted, powder coated, greasy, or oily materials are prohibited
- Work Area: 36 x 24 x 23 inches (91.4 x 61 x 58.4 centimeters)
- Coarse Abrasive: Potters Inc. Glass Beads G-3 (US Sieve Size 25-40)
- Fine Abrasive: Potters Inc. Glass Beads AD (US Sieve Size 70-140)